Refined sugars & artificial sweeteners slowly poison and deplete nutrients needed to help sustain our vital energies and lifeforce,.
For our vitality of healthcare, what made me get started was at the shops one day I overheard a lady say ‘Ask that fat girl in the electric wheelchair’, well you can imagine how upsetting that was, especially because it was true. When at home that night I watched a documentary about how a lady lost weight and developed great healing by withdrawing from refined sugars and artificial sweeteners. ‘Yes please’, I said, ‘let’s get to a better healthier lifeforce’.
Using refined & artificial sugars is toxic and devastating to your health & well being. So to improve my living with Multiple Sclerosis, I withdrew from refined sugars & artificial sweeteners and what a great lifeforce it is giving. By doing this discovery I became a new healthier person with more energy, vitality and lost 25 kilos over 12 months – if you don’t need to lose weight you will tone up some muscle and receive good healing benefits.
Withdrawing the wrong sugars it has helped remove depression/ anxiety that formed many years ago – also with taking extra vit d. It reduced the symptom of tremors – now all gone, I also now have less cramps – in fact none now, your sleep quality improves , the skin becomes clearer, your mind is more focused and it reduces tooth decay – love it that I don’t see the dentist for many fillings now, $ saves money, and it helped me towards really improving my overall health and well-being.
I am now stronger physically and mentally doing that, and especially with now eating Organic fruit & vegetables, no dairy or meat – which I withdrew from having after withdrawal from sugars – One step at a time. Now I’m away with the spasms, pain, having more energy, and it reduced my colds and flu, awesome.
Processed Sugars has been linked now to so many illnesses. I know that giving up refined sugars and artificial sweeteners has really helped to regain strength and increased my stamina. Here are some suggestions I did;
- READ all about withdrawing sugar in books or online. Get lots of information.
- READ the labels on everything you eat, processed sugars & artificial sweeteners are hidden everywhere in different weird names. Fresh is totally the best like “Apple or Carrot” Organic is the ultimate freshness of natural fruit & Vegetables
- Put on the fridge in big bold writing – YES I WILL DO THIS FOR MY FREEDOM. Stopping sweet cravings is freedom for your soul
- Drink lots of water (filtered if possible) as your body is withdrawing from sugar which can cause headaches, tiredness or any withdrawal symptoms you read about – freshly squeezed lemon juice & water really helped me with some headaches and stomach upsets.
- Your body gets hungry when giving up sugar but it will decrease your appetite when you are completely withdrawn from it, so in the meantime eat lots of suitable food within reason, but no refined sugar or sweeteners. You will lose weight and regain some energy just by cutting out sugar
- 2-3 fruits a day was the limit during withdrawal . My example was a banana in the morning, Orange in afternoon and at night a handful of blueberries or sultanas.
- 1 teaspoon of Organic honey was consumed daily during my withdrawal for eg; drizzled on wholemeal bread or shared in a few cups of organic herbal teas
- In My Book which is coming soon, I have written sweet food ideas you can have in moderation. On the recipe page I have written some great sweet ideas for you https://www.joannerawlings.com/recipes/
It is an empowering feeling to take control of the body & mind. Having people see you looking better and healthier is a great feeling. Be strong in saying “I’m happy and healthier with the natural changes I am doing” as you will get pressure from others about your good different healthy food & drinks, that can happen as I know it did. Refined Sugar is a big addiction like drugs that’s why we crave it, well letting go of that need is the best challenge and freedom ever you can achieve.
This change of eating will really benefit everyone’s well-being . Just will power and a want to change is all you need. A fantastic start to a new you.