It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- 2 Big ripe or 3 Small/medium ripe Bananas – Ripeness level determines sweetness of slice
- ½ Cup Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 5 thinly diced Pitted Dates – the smaller they are diced the sweeter it becomes
- 1/3 cup virgin Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Cup Wholemeal Spelt Flour/plain wholemeal
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda (baking soda)- Check there are no lumps
- ¾ Cup Rice, Oats or Almond Milk
- 1 Organic Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pre-heat Oven to 180 degrees
- Mash really well the bananas , (until nearly a paste), in to a mixing bowl and then add diced dates
- Mix in the flour, bicarb and desiccated coconut
- Add the coconut oil, egg, apple cider vinegar and plant milk into the mixing bowl
- Mix well and grease a small/medium loaf tin with coconut oil
- Pour in the mixture into the loaf tin and put in oven for approx 50 mins or until browned. Ovens are all different but when ready it develops a deep crack on top. It also depends on bananas as too how long it cooks
- Cool in the loaf tin for 15 minutes then put the Banana Slice onto cooling rack. Slice & Enjoy.
We use Spelt flour (cousin to wheat flours) as it makes my baking lighter, is sweeter and has a nutty flavour. We haven’t tried it yet but try buckwheat flour. We know it’s good stuff.
Melt the solid coconut oil by placing a cup of it in a bowl of a little warm/hot water. Stir it and it will melt quickly. Enjoy this slice with Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition and for the healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients.
Use Organic for health when ever possible 🙂