Cacao & Sultana Mini Cakes
It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- Three Quarter of a Teaspoon Organic Cacao Powder – not cocoa
- Three Quarter Cup of Sultanas
- 100 mls of Organic Melted Coconut Oil – use some extra coconut oil for greasing the muffin tray
- 1 Organic egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Organic Honey
- 1 Cup of Organic Rice or Oats Milk (shake the carton before use)
- 1 Cup of Wholemeal Spelt Flour/plain Wholemeal
- 1 level Teaspoon of Bi-carbonate of Soda (baking soda)- check for no lumps
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Grease the muffin tray with extra coconut oil
- Mix well all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl
- Add the sultanas, egg, honey, oats or rice milk and 120 mls of coconut oil whisking them well altogether with the dry ingredients.
- A fork to stir briskly does well or a mixer
- The mix can be a little runny but they bake wonderful and fluffy
- Stir again before pouring the mixture into each cup and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool the mini cakes in the tray for a while – approximately 20-30mins, then using a knife slice carefully around each muffin to take them out if needed. Transfer them onto a cooling rack for awhile
- Makes 8-10 mini cakes. Enjoy them 🙂
Joanne’s Tip- Spelt flour is the best as it is sweeter and nuttier and organic sultanas are much more sweeter as well. To melt the oil if need, use a bowl that is quarter filled with hot water and place a cup with the measured amount of solid coconut oil into it – solid coconut oil when it is melted is around the same measurement, depends on the brand. Stir it frequently until it becomes a liquid. It happens fairly quickly.
Enjoy the cookies with a healing warm organic herbal tea on thier own. Or place some chocolate/banana mousse on top of the mini cakes for extra taste or delicious with Banana Ice Cream
Use Organic whenever possible for health
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition and for healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients.