Coconut Choc Fudge
It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- ½ cup of Organic Desiccated Coconut or Coconut Flakes
- ½ cup of Sultanas or finely chopped pitted Dates – use scissors to cut each date 5-6 times for a good sweetness
- ¼ cup of crushed brazil/hazelnuts/almonds – Place between a folded cloth – I use a small hammer to crush the nuts
- 120 ml of Melted Organic Virgin Coconut oil
- Between 1-1.5 slightly heaped teaspoons of Cacao Powder – More if you want it stronger
- Mix all the ingredients into a small to medium flat square or rectangle Tupperware, measurements approximately used were a rectangle plastic container 23cm x 16cm. Use any flat container around that size or smaller.
- Place it in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour on a flat surface. Take it out of the freezer and leave it to rest for a few minutes. Tip it out onto a board then break it up or use a knife to cut it into pieces.
- Place it in a nice dish and keep it in the fridge. Enjoy a piece or like me 3! Great to snack on from the fridge.
Joanne’s Tip – Use organic ingredients when possible – When using pitted dates, cut each one 5-6 times at least for maximum sweetness. Worth the extra time.
If using pitted dates anytime for cooking check each one for stones as I have found some dates still have little stones in them.
Place the container upside down, let it fall out onto a chopping board and break it up or cut in squares.
Enjoy it cold from the fridge but let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before eating if needed.