Creamy Banana Ice-cream
It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- 3 Ready to eat, not too ripe fresh Bananas diced into small pieces & frozen overnight in the freezer or buy ready-made frozen diced bananas at some food chains
- ¼ cup or 2 tablespoons of Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream – If coming from a tin stir well before using it, even if using leftovers from a cup or container
- Optional – 1 level teaspoon of Cacao Powder (not cocoa) – an option to have a choc-banana flavour. The powder can change strength of flavour depending on the brand and batch.
- Freeze the small diced pieces bananas overnight in a container with a lid or a sealed bag. When the frozen bananas are taken out of the freezer to blend, leave them out for 5 minutes beforehand. Frozen bananas in bags can be bought at some food chains
- Use a strong blender or a food processor, one that can crush ice. Mix well the frozen diced bananas with the coconut milk or cream. Use the pulse setting on the blender for a minute at the start of mixing the bananas. Add and blend cacao powder too if you want a chocolate flavour.
- Use a spatula to take the banana ice cream out of the blender and serve it in a bowl with a sprinkle of cacao nibs.
- Serves 2. Enjoy it with Chocolate Banana Mousse
Joanne’s Tip – Add more Cacao powder in to be more chocolaty or to blend with the frozen bananas, add a small handful of frozen diced fruit to make ice-cream, we had banana & blueberries, yummy. Also, depending on the batch of coconut milk, if spots develop in the ice-cream it is just the coconut and it still tastes great. Use Organic for healthcare when possible
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition, for healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients.