Creamy Carrot & Leek Soup
It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- 2 Cups of diced Carrot
- 2 Cups of smallish diced Potato with the skin on
- 3 Cups of diced Leek – 2 medium Leeks approximately
- 1-2 Spring Onions – if small use 2
- Handful of diced Chives
- 1 large sliced Onion
- 2 cloves of diced or pressed Garlic
- Couple of Pinches of dried Basil
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste – add some salt to the cooking and after when serving the soup
Cook all the ingredients together in the same medium-large pot to make the soup
- To make the soup use a large pot. In the same pot use extra virgin olive oil to gently fry the leek, chives and onions. Keep the temperature on the stove-top to low-medium heat. Gently fry them all until soft & golden or for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the garlic near the end of frying the onion and leek mixture
- In the same pot add the Carrot and Potato, gently fry them with the leek mixture for a further 10 minutes
- Add water to the same pot, about three-quarters of the pot or a bit less to be thicker, with extra salt or seasoning to taste
- Boil it gently for a minute then simmer for approximately 40 minutes -1 hour with the lid on ¾. Stir the soup occasionally during cooking
- Take the lid completely off for the last 10 minutes to reduce some water if needed or leave it on three-quarters.
- When it is turned off let it rest for approximately ½ hour with the lid completely on
- Then thoroughly blend it altogether with a hand blender in the pot or pour it into any blender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Add more seasoning to taste if required. Enjoy
Joanne’s Tip – Gently frying all the vegetables first in the same pot for the soup with extra virgin olive oil, adds & enhances much better flavour to the soup. Enjoy with warm sourdough or wholemeal bread. Use organic when possible
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition, for healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients.