It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
1st – Cook the Pasta
- 250 grams Organic wholemeal Spiral Pasta
- Himalayan Rock Salt
Add the dry pasta and salt to a pot of water. Cook the Pasta for approx 15-20 minutes, drain well. Set aside until needed
2nd – Make the Lentil Mixture:
- 2 x 425g tins of Organic Lentil – drained or use 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1/4 Cup of Organic Wholemeal Plain Flour or Rice flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Himalayan Rock Salt or to taste
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 3 Teaspoons of dried Oregano or fresh
- 2 teaspoons of dried Paprika
- 2 Cups diced mushrooms
- 2 Cups diced Onions
- 1 Cup diced Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drain the lentils from the tins. Place the lentils and the raw eggs into a big bowl, mash them together until like a creamy paste. Some lumps of lentils normal. Set aside
- Stir fry the onions until soft & browned, then add mushrooms/tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are soft, the mushrooms browned.
- Only add half of the onion mixture to the lentil mixture in a bowl, then stir it in. The other half of the onion mixture set aside until needed
- Add also to the lentil mixture, the flour, oregano, paprika and salt, mixing it altogether with a fork.
- Grease the entire square casserole dish with extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the lentil mixture into a square casserole baking dish. The one used is measured 25 cm x 25 cm x 7cm. Set aside until next stage. Pre-heat the oven to 180 c
3rd – Add this next over lentils in the dish
- Sprinkle the other half of the onion mixture over the top of the lentils mixture in the casserole dish
- Put all the drained cooked pasta over it in the casserole dish
4th More ingredients – Cook this to go on the top of pasta; Can be made alongside the 2nd above
- 1 cup of Tomato diced
- 3 cups of Cauliflower diced small
- 2 cloves diced garlic
- ½ cup of onions
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil & 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil to blend, add another tablespoon if necessary – depends on thickness
- Gently fry the onions and cauliflower for 10 minutes then add the tomato/ garlic. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes with adding seasoning .
- Place it all in a container to blend. Add the oil and blend altogether with a blender or a hand/stick blender until it is a smooth paste.</li.
- Then pour over the completed pasta dish
When all the recipe is completed in the dish, place it in the oven and bake it at 180 degrees for approx 50 minutes – 1 hour. Serves 4, use this sauce over it as an idea
Joanne’s Tip – Enjoy this Pasta Pie with a fresh salad with sunflower kernals, & sundried tomatoes.
Use Organic for Healthcare when possible
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition, for healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients.