It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
1st – Cook the Pasta
- 2 Cups of dry wholemeal Spiral Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
Add the dry pasta and oil to a pot of water. Cook the Pasta for 15-20 minutes, drain well. Set aside until needed
2nd – Make the Lentil Mixture:
- 2 x 425g Tins of Organic Lentil
- 1/4 Cup of Wholemeal Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt or to taste
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dried Paprika
- 2 Cups of diced mushrooms
- 2 Cups of diced Onions
- 1 Cup of diced Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to fry
- Drain the lentils from the tins. Place the lentils and the raw eggs into a big bowl, mash them together until like a creamy paste. Some lumps of lentils normal. Set aside
- Slowly fry the onions until soft & browned, then add mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are soft, the mushrooms browned.
- Only add half of the onion mixture to the lentil mixture in a bowl, then stir it in. The other half of the onion mixture set aside until needed
- Add also to the lentil mixture, the flour, oregano, paprika and salt, mixing it altogether with a fork.
- Grease the entire square casserole dish with extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the lentil mixture into a square casserole baking dish. The one used is measured 25cm x 25 cm. Set aside until next stage. Pre-heat the oven to 180 c
3rd – Add this next over lentils in the dish
- Sprinkle the other half of the onion mixture over the top of the lentils mixture in the casserole dish
- Put all the drained cooked pasta over it in the casserole dish
4th – Cook this to go on the top of pasta;
- ½ cup of Tomato diced
- 3 cups of Cauliflower diced small
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of onions
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt and a few pinches of dried Basil
- ½ a cup of extra virgin olive oil to blend
- Gently fry the onions and cauliflower for 10 minutes then add the tomato and garlic. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes with adding salt and dried basil. Place it all in a container to blend. Add the oil and blend altogether with a blender or a hand/stick blender until it is a smooth paste.</li.
- Then pour over the completed pasta dish
When all the recipe is completed in the dish, place it in the oven and bake it at 180 degrees for 50 minutes – 1 hour. Serves 4, use this sauce over it as an idea
Joanne’s Tip – Enjoy this Pasta Pie with a fresh salad & sundried tomatoes , use Organic when possible
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition, for healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients.