It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- 1 Steamer
- 1 Saucepan to fit steamer
- Water to half to three quarter-fill the saucepan
- Any Fruit with the Skin Left on – Apples, Pears, Apricots, Plums, Peaches, Berries …… I used 3 big apples and 3 big pears with the skin on for the photo above
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Half to three quarters, fill a suitable saucepan with water. Place it on a warm stovetop to start boiling the water
- Slice the fruit into small slices. Place them into a steamer on top of the saucepan with cinnamon. Cover them completely with a saucepan lid
- Boil the water then turn it down to a simmer for 30 minutes or until soft. Stir them in the steamer a few times
- Leaving the lid completely on, turn off the heat. Let them rest for another 30-60 minutes. Stir again then serve when soft and mushy.
Joanne’s Tip – Use organic when possible – Depending when you want them, leave the soft fruit when finished steaming, keep them in the steamer over the saucepan fully covered and rest them for a few hours. Eat them right away or place them in the fridge to have cold. You can mash them up or puree the steamed fruit. Sprinkle some crushed cacao nibs over them or desiccated coconut. Delicious with https://www.joannerawlings.com/recipe/cacao-sultana-mini-cakes/ Enjoy