Tomato Marinade Pasta
It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- 2 Cups of diced Onions
- 2 cloves of diced Garlic
- 4 cups of diced Tomato or ½ jar of organic tomato paste
- 3 cups of diced Mushrooms
- 3 Heaped Teaspoons of dried Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons of dried Oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of diced green leafy vegetables
- 1 Teaspoon of Himalayan Rock Salt
- 250 grams of Wholemeal long spaghetti pasta
- Boil pasta in a saucepan with a drizzle of oil and 2 shakes of salt in the water. When the pasta soft and tender, drain well. Then place the pasta in a large bowl or dish. Set aside covered
- While the pasta is boiling, use a large frypan with oil to gently fry the onions, stir off and on until browned. Add the mushrooms, stir frequently and cook until browned, use some more oil as mushrooms absorb a lot. Then add the garlic and paprika, stirring it all regularly. Cook for a further 5 minutes adding a little more oil.
- Add tomatoes, oregano seasoning and salt to the mix, add a little more oil. Stir off and on until the tomatoes are like a paste and mushy. Takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Add the green leafy vegetables towards the end for another few minutes.
- Place all the tomato mixture with the pasta in the bowl, use a spatula to scrap out any excess food and oil from the pot to add to the pasta. Using a fork or spaghetti tongs gently combine them together. Then cover the mixture fully and let it rest, marinade for 15 minutes or more.
- Enjoy. Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side dish with wholemeal thick bread and salad.
Joanne’s Tip – Tinned organic tomatoes can be used if need but only use 1/2 the juice from the tin. When the mixture is fully covered and resting for a while it draws out the flavours, marinading it to a fuller taste. Use Organic when possible
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition, for healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients.